We read an interesting article by Nell Edgington of Social Velocity about nonprofit power. It got us thinking. In this episode, Nancy and Sarah talk about ways that nonprofits give their power away and ways that we can take that power back to better achieve our missions.
Questions to reflect on before you listen:
What power do you have? How do you use it?
- What resonated with you about this conversation? What would you like to take back to your organization?
- What is your personal reaction to the word “power”? Describe your comfort level thinking about power and how you can step deeper into your power to benefit your mission.
- Where do you see signs of a scarcity mindset within your organization? How could reframe scarcity to abundance?
- We talk about giving power away to funders and policymakers. How could you be a partner to a funder or policymaker?
- How do you take care of yourself so you can keep tapping into your power?